When Peter saw that the Gentiles had received the gift of the Holy Spirit, he was convinced that salvation was a free gift to all people.
The following are some questions to use for further study of this topic:
- When you hear people talk about the Holy Spirit how does it make you feel? How much teaching would you say you have had on the person of the Holy Spirit?
- If someone were to ask you who the Holy Spirit is, how would you answer? Jim stated that first of all that the Holy Spirit is God. What are some Bible verses that you would show that the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is God? (hint: Matt 28:19) What characteristics of God are true of the Holy Spirit? What are some things that the Bible says the Holy Spirit did that can only be true of God? (see Genesis 1:2, Luke 1:35, Acts 10:37-38, Romans 8:11)
- Jim also state that the Holy Spirit is also a person. Read John 14:16-17. What in these verses shows that the Holy Spirit is a person? Personality is consists of mind, will and emotions. What are some verses that shows the Holy Spirit has each of these. (see 1 Corinthians 2:11; John 3:8; Ephesians 4:30)
- Jesus taught the Apostles about the Holy Spirit. Look up the following verses and identify what Jesus was teaching about the Holy Spirit in each reference. John 14:16; John 14:17; John 16:8)
- Jim showed that being baptized with the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit are two different things. What do the Scriptures teach about the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the following verses? John 3:3-6; Acts 1:4-5; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 6:3-4 How do you think the filling of the Holy Spirit is different? (Ephesians 5:18)
- Share with your group what you have learned about the Holy Spirit and how it makes a difference in your life.