This sermon was not recorded due to technical difficulties.
Theme: The church in Antioch was doing their part in fulfilling the Great commission by sending out Saul and Barnabas, the first missionaries.
- Read over Acts 11:19-30. What things stand out to you that God used in preparing the church in Antioch to be the first missionary-sending church?
- From Acts 13:1 and from Jim’s description of the individuals listed there, in what way was mutual acceptance a factor that God used to make this church a “sending church”? How do you feel we (Osage Alliance) does in this area? How can we improve?
- What spirituals disciplines are mentions in these verses? In what ways did this contribute to its being a “sending church”? How can we as a church encourage one another in the spiritual disciplines of worship, prayer and fasting?
- Jim stated that obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit often comes with a price. What was the “cost” for the Antioch church to give up Barnabas and Saul to reach plant churches among the Gentiles? What might be the cost for Osage Alliance to once again become a “sending church”?
- Jim quoted Blackaby: “Missions is God finding those whose hearts are right with Him and placing them where they can make a difference for His Kingdom.” In what ways can Osage Alliance partner with God in finding such people?