Putting God first in our lives must be a priority over everything else.
The following are some discussion questions to use to further study or discuss in a small group.
- If you had all the time and resources in the world to do anything you wanted to do, what would you do first? BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF! What is keeping you from doing the things that are most important to you? What relationships have suffered because of being so busy?
- Do you agree that your relationship with God impacts all of your other relationships? Think of examples in your life where this has been true.
- What did Joshua lead his people to do after defeating the city of AI? Why might this seem unusual? According to verse 31, why did they do this?
- Read Joshua 8:30-31. Why was important that the Israel were to build an altar of uncut stone o which no iron tool was used? (Hint: Read Ex 20:4-5) In what ways to we turn the means or methods of our worship into the object of our worship? What examples did Jim give of this?
- Read Leviticus 1:3-4. According to these verses, what was the purpose of burnt offerings? Read Hebrews 10:10-14. According to these verses, can burnt offerings take away our sin? What offering can take away our sin?
- Read Romans 12:1. To what is Paul referring when he says, “in view of God’s mercy”? What does Paul tell us to do “in view of God’s mercy”? Why, according to Paul, should we do this?
- Fellowship, or peace offerings, also mentioned in verse 31, were offered for the purpose of showing gratitude for God’s forgiveness of sins and the resulting fellowship we have with God. What are some of the “fellowship offerings” we can give to God?
- Compare Joshua 8:32-35 with Deuteronomy 11:26-29. What do you think was the purpose of Joshua’s reading the blessings and curses to the people? What can we learn from this for our own lives? Why is it important to read God’s Word on a regular basis?
- Read Joshua 8:32-25. How much of the Law of Moses was read? Who was included in hearing what was read? What can we learn from this?
- What was one thing God showed you through this message?
No Response to “March 3 – Putting First Things First – Joshua 8:30-35”