180324_001 Pastor Jim’s sermon followed the cantata called All Hail King Jesus.
- What do you think Jesus meant when he told Peter that he should forgive, not seven times, but seventy-seven times? Do you think Jesus was being unreasonable?
- How did the follow-up parable in Matthew 18 reinforce what Jesus told Peter? What was the main point of that parable?
- What are some other instances when Jesus taught us to forgive? Where else in the New Testament are we taught to forgive? (see Matthew 6, Mark 11, Luke 6, Luke 17, Luke 23, Ephesians 4, Colossians 3)
- How does Paul’s teaching about counting ourselves dead to sin relate to the problem of unforgiveness? (Romans 6:11)
- Can you explain what Jim meant by the statement: “It is like we are in a prison with the door wide open, but we do not walk through the open door.”? In what way has Jesus set us free to forgive? How can we experience that freedom?
No Response to “March 25 – The Power to Forgive – Matthew 18:21-22”